An Aromatic Self Care Approach to Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a misunderstood and often undertreated disease. People who incorporate holistic therapies in their healing journey experience improvement in their symptoms. In this presentation, we will clear up the confusion and elaborate on 3 areas that are common to fibromyalgia, and how to incorporate essential oils and holistic therapies for mind and body wellness.
What will be covered:
- Misconceptions about fibromyalgia symptoms
- Ways Aromatherapy can support emotionally
- Essential Oils for different types of pain
- “Fibro Facet: : Viral Component
- Recipes for widespread pain
Veronica ‘Rhani’ Thomas, CA is an Internationally trained Aromatherapist, Holistic Health Consultant, Herbal Advisor, Bible Teacher, and Aromatherapy Mentor. Rhani’s Aromatherapy lineage includes the following Vintage and Modern Aromatherapists: An Apprenticeship with Trisha (Likisma-UK), Geraldine Zelinsky, Sylla Shephard Hanger, Nyssa Hanger, Robert Tisserand, Hana Tisserand, and Elizabeth Ashley.
In 2008, Rhani Founded Multicultural Aromatherapy, the first African American owned Aromatherapy school in America. Because of her multicultural spirit, the school became a safe space and a comfortable environment for diverse group learning. She teaches live courses from a virtual platform giving her clients the “in person” experience from home. While volunteering as a Fibromyalgia support group leader, she developed an Aromatic Self Care Approach to Fibromyalgia which allows Fibro Warriors to take back control of their bodies and lives. She also participated in a research study which contributed to fibromyalgia being deemed a central nervous system disease and landed her an interview in the FM international documentary: Fibromyalgia Show Me Where It Hurts.
Rhani lives with her husband of 30 years in Louisiana, known as “Cajun Country”. She is the mother to a 25 year old who willingly participates in her aromatherapy case studies. Fun Facts: “I love music, line dancing, and making Pic and Recipe collages. I have been a writer since I was 6 years old and later became a poet and spoken word artist. I love visiting my hometown of Mt. Olive, Mississippi to laugh with family, look for arrowheads and river stones, and Forest Bathe at “the top of the hill.”
Education and Credentials
- 1989, 2010, 2015 and 2019: Pioneer Service School (International Bible Instructor)
- 2006 Southern University of Shreveport – Business Enterprise
- 2007 Herbal Certification- Marguerite Wright of Chicago, Il
- 2007 – 2008 Aromatherapy Apprentice with Trisha (Likisma, UK)
- 2010 Aromatherapy Basics Foundation Course (Live)- Geraldine Zelinsky, C.A., C.R.M.
- 2015-2017 Stratford Career Institute- Natural Health Consultant (Diploma) -Includes Alternative therapies-Homeopathy-Aromatherapy-Client Consultation, etc
- 2022 Essential Oil Safety Certification- Tisserand Institute
- Atlantic Institute of Aromatherapy – Sylla and Nyssa Hanger – Healing Aromatherapy
- Elizabeth Ashley (The Secret Healer)- Aromatherapy & Essential Oils Advanced
- Robert Tisserand – Essential Oil Safety- Cutting Through the Noise
- Jade Shutes- Aromatic Studies Free Introduction to Aromatherapy
- David Crow – Combining Herbs and Oils
- American College of Healthcare Sciences (C.E. Classes)
Awards and Accolades
- Vice President- Direct Selling Women’s Alliance Shreveport Chapter
- Real Sisters Rising – Founding Member – eChapter
- Willis Knighton Health System 2008 Path to Excellence Award
- Willis Knighton Fibromyalgia Support Group Leader
- FMS video: Fibromyalgia Show Me Where It Hurts – Dr. Patrick Wood
- Bella Online for Women: Fibromyalgia Health Blogger