Common Concerns People Ask an Aromatherapist
As the aromatherapist for Nature’s Gift, I field all kinds of questions from customers. This gives me a unique perspective about what people want to know about aromatherapy. Often the questions are asking basic information while others share heartbreaking circumstances.
In this presentation I’ll discuss the most common questions people ask, while including some unique answers.
I am a lifelong learner. After careers as a teacher and web developer, retirement began my journey with aromatherapy. I heard a little about essential oils, and after joining a few Facebook groups, I knew I had to know more. So I started reading everything I could find. My sister told me about this little company that was just a couple hours drive from her in Nashville. I visited the website and devoured the entire thing it was so rich with information. It was like having your mom tell you what she knows about essential oils in such a way that you know you just have to smell it and try it for yourself. That website was Nature’s Gift, and what began as the place I visited for information is the same place I share my knowledge as their company aromatherapist.
I am also the developer of the AromaSense app, an all-in-one aromatherapy app that helps users navigate the safe use of essential oils and carriers while expanding knowledge and sparking creativity. With AromaSense I can give users trusted, curated information in a way that will allow users to interact with the information in a customizable way.
Lynnette completed aromatherapy teacher training at Aromatic Wisdom Institute. With this training, and my degree in elementary education, I offer Potions for Muggles classes. In these classes parent and child can learn about aromatherapy and essential oil safety by making potions using a wizard theme; her stepson Max loves to be her assistant.
When I’m not working or studying, I love to spend time with my family which includes professor husband, stepson Max, two Jack Russell Terriers and a tortoise shell cat. I also loves to read, play music, hike, cross-stitch, knit, and play board games.
- BA in Education from the University of Houston with continuing coursework at Chesapeake College.
- Aromatherapy Certification with Liz Fulcher at Aromatic Wisdom Institute and just need to complete my research project for my Certified Clinical Aromatherapy Practitioner certification with Kathy Duffy through RJ Buckle.
Additional courses include (but not limited to)
- Teacher Training with Liz Fulcher, Aromatic Wisdom Institute
- AromaChemistry with Tim Miller
- Fundamental Chemistry with Joy Bowles,
- Fusion Aromatherapy for Pain Management with Madeleine Kerkhof
- CO2 extracts with Madeleine Kerkhof
- Musculoskeletal Conditions with Rhiannon Lewis
- Acute Respiratory Conditions with Rhiannon Lewis
- Carrier Oils with Susan M Parker
- Several courses through LabAroma and Dropsmith
- Various CEU’s from attendance at aromatherapy conferences through AIA and NAHA.