Self Care for Healers & Heart-Centered Change Makers
The reason most healers and heart-centered changemakers don’t make time for self care is not because there is a lack of time or self love, it is because they have not learned to include themselves in their “circle of care” and often forget that caring for oneself will have a huge impact on everyone around them.
As heart centered, compassionate people, it is too easy to focus on growing our business in order to help others because we have not discovered the importance of setting up structures of self support, not realizing that burnout and overwhelm will inevitably help no one.
Topics I will cover include:
- How self care can lead to social action
- 5 Self Care Myths getting in the way of creative freedom and success
- The one thing no one is talking about when it comes to dealing
- The importance of holding sacred space for ourselves first before doing so for others.
- How self care helps you step into leadership without burnout
- How feeling empowered and inspired to dream big prevents us from losing the passion we have for the work we do.
Betty is a certified aromatherapist, transformational coach & facilitator and combines these practices with traditional healing techniques to support activists, healers, empaths, artists and social entrepreneurs with their self care needs. She creates safe spaces for heart-centered change makers and leaders to practice socially responsible success and prioritize their self care holistically in order to avoid burnout while being of service to others.
She was Regional Director for NAHA for over two years from 2018-2020 and is currently a professional member of NAHA with over 15 years of aromatherapy experience. She was also Regional Director for National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) for over two years from 2018-2020 and is currently a professional member of NAHA with over 15 years of aromatherapy experience and more than 250 hours of CE credits in essential oil education.
“I have been with my soul mate Angel Garcia, who is an artist and musician, for 22 years and we have two children together. We have an 18-year-old son, who is an amazing drummer and an 11 year old daughter, who is a great artist. I am a poet and spoken word artist (which is why the name of my business is poetic potions) and we all live together in our creative home full of music and art in Northern California.”
- 2003- 2005 Joy Essence Aromatherapy Centre Inc.- Certified Aromatherapist Training
- 2015- Ayurvedic Aromatherapy with David Crow
- 2016- World of Aromatherapy NAHA Conference (in person)
- 2018- World of Aromatherapy NAHA Conference (in person)
- 2021- World of Aromatherapy NAHA Conference (virtual)
- 2018- Revolutionaries Take the Mic Leadership Training with Sonali Fiske
2019- Institute for Woman-Centered Coaching, Training & Leadership
- Many more online aromatherapy workshops.